You are a fan of coffee but the sunny days are coming, it is getting hot and you have more need freshness than a hot drink ? No worries, the iced coffee is the drink for you! Ideal during the hot summer months, refreshing and very easy to make, discover our different recipes to prepare yourself a delicious Ice coffee.
The Greek iced coffee recipe
Le Ice coffee, a drink originating in the Balkans, is particularly popular in Cyprus and Greece. This recipe will make its appearance in Europe around the nineteenth century, but really democratized during the Second World War. The Greek recipe is for classic iced coffee. Its preparation is also the easiest to achieve, among all the existing variations.
- Place the desired amount of black coffee in a shaker;
- Proportionately place ice cubes;
- Depending on your taste, add sugar or not;
- Then, close your shaker and shake until you get a frothy liquid. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
The Cold Brew
Coffee lovers will certainly be seduced by the aromatic power of Cold brew. However, unlike other recipes, this one takes a lot of time in terms of preparation. Indeed, the basis of Cold Brew is a concentrate of coffee, that is to say cold brew coffee.
To make your Cold Brew, you must:
- Crush coffee beans by hand or blend them (this will be easier);
- Pour water at room temperature into a container. Note that for 100 g of coffee beans, you will need 500 ml of water;
- Add the crushed grains to the water, then cover everything with a lid or a tea towel and let stand in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours
- Once this period of time has elapsed, strain the mixture to collect the remaining grains.
Drink the precious brew.
The coffee concentrate keeps very well. So you can reuse it a week after preparing it!
Finally, apart from the time dedicated to the infusion of the beans, the Cold Brew is carried out like the traditional Greek iced coffee (the coffee concentrate replacing the espresso). For more indulgence, you can add milk, maple syrup or even hot chocolate. However, its classic version is tasted very well with ice cubes and possibly a little sugar.
The Portuguese iced coffee recipe
Even more refreshing, Portuguese iced coffee is embellished with fruity flavors and everyone can personalize it according to their desires. However, the best-known recipe is that of the lemon-based smoothie:
- In your shaker put a long espresso with 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- Pour the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- Then add ice before shaking;
- Serve and place a lemon wedge on the surface of the coffee.
Enjoy your Portuguese iced coffee.
The iced coffee latte recipe
For those who are not a fan of the power of the bitterness of classic espresso, there is a variant of the Greek coffee smoothie: iced coffee with milk. This one is suitable for gourmets and those fond of cappuccino and hazelnut coffee.
To achieve a latte smoothie :
- Take your shaker and place a short espresso in it (the equivalent of a medium coffee cup) and add 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- Add ice cubes;
- Then pour in 4 tablespoons of milk. All types of milk can be used: cow's milk, vegetable milk or even condensed milk, for even more indulgence;
- Close your shaker and shake vigorously to obtain a smooth mixture.
> Find our article: Our tips for making your Latte Art a success
The Affogato recipe
Are you hesitating between a milkshake and a smoothie? Mix the two and you will get theAffogato ! The Italian term affogato means “walnut”. Indeed, this drink literally consists of drowning the coffee with ice cream. To prepare it, you must:
- Place 1 to 2 scoops of ice cream in a large bowl;
- Then make an espresso and pour it over the ice cream. The latter will melt on contact with the hot coffee and it will cool down;
- Add ice cubes if you want the mixture to be even cooler.
The Affogato is ideal to enjoy as a dessert. The most greedy can, without complexes, add whipped cream, chocolate shavings or cocoa….
The express tip for making iced coffee
Do you want to serve yourself a smoothie as easily as a glass of water? Nothing could be simpler: all you have to do is plan ahead and transform his coffee in ice cubes:
- Prepare coffee in advance with
- Fill an ice cube tray with still hot or lukewarm espresso;
- Place the container in the freezer until the coffee becomes solid.
- If you wish, you can add sugar to your ice cubes before pouring the coffee into the container.
You now have a reserve of iced coffee. This way you can only take the ice cubes you need to make a great summer smoothie. You can possibly sprinkle a little cocoa or milk on it before tasting it.